Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Crazy busy, but here's a sneak peak

For the past two weeks, and last week in heavy doses, I've been working on a photo essay on the Rock Bridge boy's basketball team. They just won Class 5 quarterfinals and will play for the state championship this weekend.

My story is to be published on Thursday, March 12. It will be a HUGE, double-truck (that's when something takes up both sides of the inside pages of a newspaper). I am overly excited to see this published, it has been a lot of hard work and long hours outside of my normal photographing shifts.

Anyways, be sure to pick up a paper on Thursday if you are in town, if not check out the Missourian's website on Thursday. Check back for more posts on it, but for now, here's a sneak peak:





P.S. - I forgot to mention, I am heading out to Norman, Oklahoma, on Wednesday, March 11, to shoot the Big 12 Men's and Women's championship games as the Missourian's photographer. If I get time at the end of my days I'll throw some of those shots up here as well. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Kevin! That is so amazing! I am so proud of you! A huge spread AND a trip as the photographer!!!!! that is remarkable! I wish I was in columbia and could pick up a copy of the paper! the basketball shot is beautiful! Good luck my friend! and congratulations on all of your fantastic accomplishments!